Dulux Weathershield Max
Dulux Weathershield Max is a high performance exterior paint powered by Active Guard Technology which actively protects exterior walls from cracks, algae and fungus. Its Crack Proof Technology allows the paint film to stretch 2x* more to bridge hairline cracks and prevents water ingress on the exterior surface. Hence preventing dampness not only in exteriors, but also the interiors of the house. It also comes with Advanced Fungal Protection which resists the formation of algae and fungus 2x* longer compared to standard premium exterior wall paints. *2x in comparison to standard premium exterior wall paints Dulux Weathershield Max also somes with SunReflect Technology, which keeps the surface upto 5 degrees cooler due to its Solar Reflective Index value (SRI).
Priming coat Application:
• Application of putty is not recommended. Apply one self- priming coat or one coat of Dulux Exterior Acrylic Primer or Dulux Weathershield Alkali Bloc Primer after thinning with water in the ratio of 1:1 by volume. For best performance self-priming or Weathershield Alkali Bloc is recommended, especially in case of surfaces that exhibit chalkiness post cleaning or are prone to efflorescence.
Self-Priming and Base coat Application (For Water Proofing Application):
• Prime the surface with Dulux Aquatech Waterproof basecoat/ Dulux Aquatech Flexible Waterproof basecoat (Self Priming). Mix one liter of Dulux Aquatech Waterproof basecoat/ Dulux Aquatech Flexible Waterproof basecoat with 300 ml water to be used as a self-priming coat.
• After 1 self-priming coat follow by 1 coat of Dulux Aquatech Waterproof basecoat/ Dulux Aquatech Flexible Waterproof basecoat in the vertical walls. This coat is to be applied undiluted. Ensure coverage of the water proofing coat as recommended for DFT achievement & good waterproofing.
• Dilute 1 lit of paint with 400-500 ml of water. In case of dark colors, dilute 1 lit of paint with a maximum of 250ml of water (An additional coat may be required for full opacity)
• Stir thoroughly before use. Apply 2-3 coats of Dulux Weathershield Max over the base coat and allow a drying time of 4-6 hours between the coats. An additional coat should be applied in case of horizontal surfaces like the top of windows, ledges, parapet wall, etc. It is recommended to wash/clean the building every year for the better performance of the coating.
No added Lead, Mercury & chromium compounds. Lead content in dried paint film does not exceed 90 parts per million. Treatments such as sanding, burning off etc. of paint film may generate hazardous dust and other fumes. Wet sanding/flaming should be used wherever possible. Work in well ventilated areas. Use suitable personal protection equipment. Wear eye/hand protection. Do not breathe vapour/spray. Remove as much paint as possible from brushes and rollers before cleaning. Avoid release to the environment. Collect spillage. Keep away from food drinks and animal feed. Store in a cool and shaded place. Container must be in a secure, upright position and be tightly closed. Do not use empty container for storing food. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. In case of contact with skin wash immediately with soap and water or a proprietary skin cleanser. Do not use solvents or thinners. Do not empty into drains or water course. Safety data sheet available for professional/user on request. Use only in well ventilated areas. Hazard statements: Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects Precautionary Statements: Keep out of reach of children. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Call a POISON CENTER or physician if you feel unwell. Dispose of contents and containers in accordance with all local, regional, national and international regulations.
Application on Masonry Surfaces
Remove as much paint as possible from brushes and rollers before washing with clean water.
Store in a cool and shaded place. Container must be in a secure, upright position and be tightly closed.
Enter the height and the length of the surface you want to paint.
Great! Just add it below and find out how much you'll need.
Measure the height and length of the surface you want to paint (metres).
This is an estimate based on 2 coats. Actual coverage will depend on the conditions of the surface. If the colour change is strong, more coats may be required.Calculate again