• Widen the grooves to make a V shaped surface.
• For the Interior surfaces, existing POP or putty must be removed till the plaster surface is exposed.
• Ensure the groove is thoroughly clean, dry and free from all loose dirt, chalk, grease, fungi, algae and flaking paint. This can be achieved by brushing with a wire/stiff coir brush, followed by water jetting if required and use the Dulux Aquatech Pre Treatment Coat to clean up the fungal infested walls.
• Treatments such as sanding, burning off etc. of paint films may generate hazardous dust and/or fumes. Wet sanding/ flatting should be used wherever possible. Work in well ventilated areas. Use suitable personal protection equipment
• If after thoroughly cleaning the surface, the surface still exhibits chalkiness, the surface should be coated with Dulux Exterior Acrylic primer for exterior surfaces or Interior Acrylic primer for interior surfaces.
• Check the depth and width of the crack and choose the right filler
• For Worm crack, use a cutter to widen the same and use 20MM Crack Filler
• For hairline crack which is not very deep, widen it with the V groove blade and use 5MM Crack Filler
• For cracks around doors and window frames which have varying widths, from hairline to 10MM, use 10 MM crack filler
• Thoroughly apply Dulux Aquatech Crack Filler such that it penetrates the surface & level off using a putty knife.
• Press the Crack Filler firmly into the crack to ensure full contact with the surface and level the surface properly.
• Fill properly and care should be taken to avoid any air pockets or void formation.
• Sponge the surface after the sample is touch dry condition to remove any excess of materials adhering to the sides of the cracks.
• Leave the surface for drying for at least 3-4 hours.
• Protect repair from rain and frost until completely dry.
• Paint the surface with further systems as required as per normal painting application practice for interior and exterior surfaces.
• Clean the application tools with warm water.